The department’s representatives said falling victim of a retail scam or experiencing buyer's remorse can ruin Floridians' holiday spirit. Fortunately, there are measures Floridians can take to avoid retail scams and buyer's remorse when shopping this holiday season.
Here are a few tips from the FDACS:
1. Comparison Shop - A “sale” price isn't always the best price. Some companies may offer a sale price on the item you want for a limited time, while other stores may discount the same item every day.
2. Beware of Recalls - Before you go shopping, find out which toys or products have been recalled.
3. Know Your Rights - Recent changes to federal law prohibited gift card issuers from enforcing certain fees and expiration dates on gift cards.
4. Know Return Policies - Each retailer sets their own policies, so make sure to obtain their policy before you buy.
5. Keep Good Records - Keep receipts for your purchases and ask for a gift receipt to include with your gift. For more information on product recalls, visit www.recalls.gov.
Photo credit Getty Images