Vice President of Sales - Tampa, FL
With 245 million monthly listeners in the U.S., Clear Channel Media + Entertainment has the largest reach of any radio or television outlet in America. Clear Channel Media + Entertainment serves 150 markets through 840 owned radio stations, and the company's radio stations and content can be heard on AM/FM, HD digital radio, satellite radio, on the Internet at iHeartRadio.com and on the company's radio station websites, on the iHeartRadio mobile app, in enhanced auto dashes, on iPads and smartphones, and used via navigation systems. iHeartRadio, Clear Channel's digital radio platform, is the No. 1 all-in-one digital audio service with over 260 million downloads; it reached its first 20 million registered users faster than any digital service in Internet history.
The company's operations include radio broadcasting, online and mobile services and products, live concerts and events, syndication, music research services and independent media representation. Clear Channel Media + Entertainment is a division of CC Media Holdings, Inc. (OTCBB: CCMO), a leading global media and entertainment company. More information on the company can be found at ClearChannel.com.
The Vice President of Sales position is a sales and management role with responsibility for leading and managing all functions of a successful sales department for a radio station(s) in specific market geography. They are one of 100+ who provide oversight for the revenue generation of 850 radio stations across the United States. The Vice President of Sales must have demonstrated success in driving large-scale, best-in-class businesses to even higher levels of achievement and financial success They need to have a deep knowledge of relevant market intelligence and trends, including but not limited to evolving technologies, consumer behaviors, client expectations, shifting competitive landscape, and operational efficiencies. The Vice President of Sales reports to a regional Market Manager.
The Vice President of Sales is responsible for:
· Effectively growing sales revenue at rates that exceed industry or peer group.
· Implementing targeted, innovative, customer centric, business focused initiatives that drive revenue growth by leveraging appropriate resources and partnering with key stakeholders.
· Achieving key region / national sales metrics and implementing strategic initiatives through the radio stations (such as increasing direct local business for stations within the market).
· Managing sales P&L accountability and delivering top financial results and managing accurate forecasting for one of 150+ markets across the United States.
· Implementing the sales strategic plan and direction with the Market Manager in the Region.
· Training sales managers to maximize revenue through inventory management pricing strategy and partnering with the Vice President of Revenue Management.
· Proactively develop sales force through recruiting, selecting and growing exceptional sales talent, managing / coaching employee performance, and holding employees accountable against business and sales metrics while leading, managing, and overseeing a culture of diversity and high ethical standards.
The Vice President of Sales must possess:
· A minimum of 5-8 years business management within the radio business or a company with strong product/customer interface.
· A proven track record in running successful and profitable sales operations with documented revenue growth success.
· A strong sales talent mindset – exceptional people management and team performance experience.
· Extensive knowledge of sales principles and practices, and an ability to coach others on them.
· Ability to multi-task and balance multiple priorities.
· Must have a dynamic presence, stellar written and presentation skills, and excellent communication and influencing abilities across multiple levels.
· Deep and broad business acumen with strong analytical, decision making and problem solving skills.
· Proven ability to lead and execute in a fast-paced, active environment. An Undergraduate degree strongly preferred.
The Vice President of Sales will be responsible for a specific market geography within the Clear Channel enterprise. Location is open although major markets are preferred.
Clear Channel will offer a highly competitive compensation package designed to attract the caliber of individual it seeks for this position.
Clear Channel is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
TAMPA, Florida, United States